Scroll to Top

‘Vampire Diaries’ Star Kat Graham Hospitalized for Severe Food Poisoning, Not Drug Use

By Admin / Published on Sunday, 19 Mar 2017 20:42 PM / No Comments / 24 views
'Vampire Diaries' Star Kat Graham Hospitalized for Severe Food Poisoning
Getty

Kat Graham, also known as Bonnie Bennett on The Vampire Diaries, was hospitalized last month after a severe bout of food poisoning. While TMZ originally reported Graham experienced an adverse reaction to a pot brownie, subsequent reports have proven this claim false.

According to People, the 27-year-old was vacationing in Palm Springs when she was seen “outside a restaurant as paramedics loaded her into an ambulance,” spurring unsavory rumors. In truth, Graham’s rep claims, she was “eating at a restaurant outside the resort and had a violent reaction to food poisoning.”

“Kat is not a drug user, and has never been a drug user,” the rep also told People.

Getty

TMZ said the resort described Graham’s behavior at the time as “extremely paranoid, anxious and seeing things,” similar symptoms to a particularly bad reaction to a meal. In the site’s 911 call recording, published in the site’s original story, an employee of the resort tells the local Fire Department an unidentified guest was “unconscious” following a meal at their restaurant.

Graham herself was busy supporting refugees at the ACLU’s Unite Benefit just a day before news broke of her hospital stay. She has yet to comment on the rumors, instead posting a picture of the event.

“Yesterday with these awesome @aclu reps @empireatx… really proud of the work they’re doing,” she wrote. “I will be launching a campaign tomorrow for @empower54 I hope you guys will join me. #refugeeswelcome #unite”

Zimbio

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *